Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wed., March 26, and Thurs., March 27

My AM VA pt needed a pano as well as local anesthesia as he was a class IV. I notice a distinct improvement in administering LA as I gain experience, which is a wonderful thing. Applying knowledge of root morphology is so important when working on these pt types!

OK, today was my Clinic Simulation Day! I began by completing a IB by 10AM and then seeing a pt for subgingival irrigation and caries risk assessment. I wonder how many DDSs actually use this system. I did see a Diagnodent in one of the offices during my mentor experience, but my mentor said they don't often use it.
In the PM, I saw a delightful IA for BWs and a prophy, and next kept busy with placing sealants on another IA.
It was a good experience, and the time scoots when I'm so busy. Ah. Shades of real life?

No comments: