Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wed., April 2, and Thurs., April 3

The VA has been such an excellent experience! The range of pts is broad in their needs, medications, and personalities, which affords great opportunities (and sometimes challenges!) to expand DH skills. Today was a day of IVs and more LA injections. The IA injection used to cause me to pause, b/c I lacked confidence in finding the proper landmarks, but this is no longer the case.
My WSU AM pt turned out to be a IB instead of a II or a V, as I'd hoped. It is good to see the way so many recall pts progress after their initial cleaning at WSU. Many become impoved classifications, and though this may make finding certain pts more difficult, it's still good to see.
In the PM I was able to trade pts with Shandee and get some quads of a II and a III, which she didn't need. Again, I was impressed with the teamwork of my classmates. And, she expressed thanks for the IB, because she had not had one in a while. The program works!

No comments: