Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wed., March 19 and Thurs., March 20

OK, back to the VA. AM pt was a class V, and I was able to place arestin. Prof. Alexander says she sees it actually used about 50-60% of the time. My mentors use it 20-30% of the time. Of course, this will vary a lot from practice to practice.
My PM pt was 2 Qds of a III and 2 Qds of a IV. Much more challenging with the deeper pockets! Thank heaven for ultrasonic instrumentation!

Back at WSU, my AM pt was my Board pt, so I did his OD and took 14 PAs of the film variety. So far he's been great to work with, very punctual and easy to communicate with.
My PM pt surprised me by being a IB, but it's all good experience for me. He was a new pt and spoke little English, though he understood a bit, so between that and my bit 'o Spanish and Nicholas' help, we did fine.

No comments: