Friday, April 25, 2008

I can't believe it's the Last Clinic Day!

Thurs., April 24

My board pt came in at 8 so I could do film BWs to match his film fullmouth series. I ended up doing 2 more PAs per an instructor's recommedation, and they were an improvement.
My next pt was a "regular" perio maint. man who wanted to have one more cleaning before the summer months. He did have about 3 pockets of 6-8mm, so we checked those. There was some improvement in pocket reduction from the previously-administered Arestin and lots of tissue improvement due to his home care. During tx we used nitrous and air powder polish, and then I placed Arestin in the 3 deepest pockets. It was a very good experience.
My PM pt had cancelled earlier in the day, so I decided to go on down to the Women's Health Day at the Adams Midtown in the afternoon. It was super busy, and we saw everything from healthy with no problems to severe gingivitis with life-long calculus. Most of the pts spoke little or no English, so we had a crew of interpreters on hand. I think we came up with a number of potential back-up board pts., so we will know more during Tue. PM screening.
Then, I bounced back to clinic for the final Pod Wrap, and ended the day by preparing a Board Cassette. Hone, hone, hone. . . .


No comments: