Monday, February 18, 2008

UDA, Feb. 14 & 15

No clinic this week since we all went to the UDA convention in Salt Lake. I decided to go early on Thurs. and take in a class in the morning. When I arrived I saw Kimber, so the two of us looked over the list of offerings and decided to attend Dr. Glick's presentation: Medically Complex Dental Patients; Identification, Assessment and Treatment Protocols. This turned out to be a very good lecture, and I was glad we didn't attend Anne Guignon's "presentation," especially after talking to some of my classmates about her talk. I had attended one of her classes last year in El Paso, and instead of ergonomics she spent most of the time selling loupes for the company she reps for, Orascoptic. Apparently she did a similar thing here. I think I should contact someone and let them know about her modus operandi.

Of course, I checked out the vendors and picked up pt. info, fluoride varnish, and loupe material, among other things.

On Fri., Brittney and I did our Table Clinic on the Cariogenicity of Foods (particularly snack-type foods). We smiled and talked to students, hygienists, dentists, and instructors
from 11AM to 2PM. It was a good experience; I only wish I'd had time to take in some of the other table clinics. The winning table clinic was entitled "Caries - it's Your Choice."
Sounded similar to ours!

I'll look forward to wearing the hygienist tag at the next UDA and taking in more CE classes.

No comments: