Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week of Nov. 27-29

The Fall is winding down, and everyone is scrambling to complete their requirements.
Tue. AM I finished my last Class III Qd. at WSU. This pt. has been super to work with, an elder with a great sense of humor. Did my Root Debridement PE, which was a source of some frustration for the instructors involved as well as me, since I thought I had a good understanding of L & R ultra tips. Well, the next day I spent a couple of hours working on Mr. Dexter and reviewing the text, which was very helpful.
PM I had expected two brothers, instead had a sister and a brother, 2 IAs. Great kids, doing a good job, with a mom who obviously cares. Probably will schedule one or more of the kids for sealants in Jan.
Thurs. at VA a Big Day: still needed 8 Qds. of a III. In AM did 4 Qds on a III with 3 exams, and in PM did 2 Qds. of a III. So, scheduled my PM pt. for completion (1 more Qd) next Th. Dec. 6, which will leave me needing 1 more Class III Qd. Whew! I administered LA (supervised, of course) to my PM pt. Did an IA and a long buccal. As in anything, experience makes all the difference. Keep that syringe over the pres!

No comments: